The greatest asset is you.
Who we are
PLS engages in civil rights advocacy and litigation primarily in cases involving claims of deliberate indifference to serious mental health and medical needs, unconstitutional conditions of confinement, prolonged placement in solitary confinement, treatment of juveniles and veterans, child visitation and support, excessive use of force, and sentence computation issues.
Why we are
Born in response to the Attica uprising and nurtured through the hard work and dedication of numerous individuals over the years, PLS has always been and will always be committed to ensuring access to the courts for all incarcerated New Yorkers.
Where you are
Are you seeking something different? An opportunity? We invite you to browse the available positions at PLS.
We are seeking to fill the following positions:
- Staff Attorney – Newburgh, NY
- Immigration Staff Attorneys – Albany, Buffalo & Newburgh, NY
- Legal Secretary/Paralegal – Legal Counsel and Unaccompanied Minor Program, Immigration Unit – Albany, NY
- Staff Attorney – Albany, New York
- Part-Time Paralegal for Unaccompanied Children, Immigration Unit – Newburgh, NY